Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baby Robot

Good Morning from the Butler House!!! Thought I would share something funny this morning to enlighten you. I have a small metal trash can downstairs that I use to hold some of the many toys in our house. And, instead of playing with all the toys that are inside like most children would, Owen thinks it is more fun to dump them out all over the floor and wear the trash can on his head. Then he will proceed to walk around and jabber all sorts of things. He especially likes it when I tickle him and run my hands across the outside of the trash can in front of his face. It is the perfect tickle me Owen scenario since he is forced to have his arms up holding it on his head, leaving the space under his arms available for Mommy's attack. And, believe me; I can usually bring him to his knees. Life is all about choices, and this is a hard one for him to make. He has to decide whether it's worth playing robot boy or running the risk of being attacked and tickled. As much as he tries to pretend like he doesn't like it, he taunts me a lot in the process. He reminds me so much of Wade when he does this, and shows lots of potential to be a prankster just like his daddy. Sometimes I will pretend to not notice, so that I can catch him when he least expects it, but he usually puts all his cards out on the table by walking right in front of me with the biggest smile and a look on his face like he is trying so hard not to laugh. Sometimes, I don't even have a lay a finger on him. I can just start to approach, look at him dead in the eyes, and he is already on the floor dying laughing. It's nothing fancy, but it sure helps to keep the spirits up. It makes me thankful that he is a loving playful child and doesn't take life so serious. My favorite Great Aunt Becky always warned me to let em' be kids while their kids, because they never get it back and there is plenty of time for the seriousness that life can bring. I'm not always great at that part, and sometimes I feel like I should lighten up. So, I resort to doing what a little boy has taught me to do when things get too sobering. I wear the trash can on my head and put myself in the shoes of a 1 year old. And, as silly as it sounds, it feels good to let my hair down and just play like I'm a kid again.





Running Around Like A Wild Man

Notice the blur coming off his backside. He was running so fast, I could barely snap the shot.


Just wanted to point out that these are one of my favorite sets of pajamas that he wears.  I love the raccoons and foxes.



And, last but not least, my favorite of them all...

If this isn't a look of mischief, nothing can be. 
Come & Get Me if You Think You're Big Enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment