Friday, November 16, 2012

Owen's Staples


Owen shook things up a bit when he had a bad fall and busted his head open landing us in the ER in the middle of the night.  There is just nothing quite like holding your begging and pleading child down while the doctor staples their head closed. Definitely not one of my favorite memories, but certainly one I'll never forget.  However, on the bright side, Owen was pretty excited to have them taken out. He had decided that it would be pretty cool to have the doctor put his staples in a jar, which he provided, and take them to school for show and tell.

I was pretty impressed with his enthusiasm, although Wade and I were dreading knowing what lay ahead to get the little boogers out.  All in all, with a few tears and a reminder of the great reward of show and tell, he made it through.  So thankful that he still has a head and that it wasn't anything more serious than just staples.  I am hoping that this is no indication of what lies ahead for him and that he will steer clear from the emergency room and make it through life, with all limbs and everything still attached and in the right places.  Although, I'm sure boys will be boys and this will not be our last run in with danger.

His jar awaits some company . . . .





His Greatest Supporter!


Treasure Chest for our little Braveheart!


Brave Indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment