Monday, May 13, 2013

Let the Games Begin

We have a new adventure in our life and we call it T-ball.  Owen started playing this Spring and it has been absolutely awesome.  We tried to get him started last fall, but he couldn't play until he turned four.  It's hard to believe that he is big enough to do something like this, but who am I kidding?  He will be turning five this fall and then next August, off to kindergarten he goes.

Time is moving and although I've been here everyday, I'm not quite sure where it's gone.  It's like I looked up and  before me stands this little boy with a dirty face telling "knock-knock" jokes.  It's crazy!

I wasn't sure what we were getting into when we signed him up for T-ball.  And, if I'm being totally honest, he rejected the idea from the beginning.  I have an amazing kid, but he tends to shy away from things out of his comfort zone and always leads off with a no before a yes.  So, there was only one thing to do.

I signed him up first thing.

And, the rest is really history.  He has embraced it with a great attitude and has grown to really love it.  I have to brag on the coaches too because they have been instrumental in making it fun for all the kids.

Does he get the concept of baseball yet?  Ummm, that would be a no.  But, he understands that there are four bases and they are fun to jump on, if you catch the ball, you throw to first base, it's important to run faster than a slow hippopotamus (which isn't very fast), the field is an endless world of dirt to play in,  and at the end of every game, there is a yummy snack waiting for him.

For his first game, we were all hyped up as you can imagine.  So, the day before I had went and bought some Gatorades for our little athlete and gave him one with his afternoon snack.  Long story short, he drank every drop, but apparently sucked his top lip into the bottle for what must have been a long time, because after his snack, I noticed this huge bright blue-purple bruise on his top lip.  At first, I thought it was a stain from the Gatorade, but no, it was a bruise.

And the best part was that not only was it his first game, but it was picture day too. 

Let the memories begin!

Watching Owen play T-ball has been so awesome.  He has blown us away and made us so proud.  He has had such a great attitude and made us laugh A LOT.  We have met some awesome families, made new friends, and are loving this season of our life.

We love our #5!  Go Tigers!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment