When I got it home, he could hardly wait to try it out. Mounting was no problem at all; it was the exiting that gave him the most trouble. We joked that he would need a helmet to keep from killing himself. Everytime he would get off, he and the tricycle would hit the ground. It didn't bother him though. He would get back on it anyways. Wade kept trying to tell him that he had to raise his leg really high to get off it. And after a few more collisions, we finally resorted to showing him how to hold on to something like the fridge door or a chair to help him out.
His feet can reach the pedals, but he has a hard time pushing them in circles. As long as we help him, he does really good. I took him around and around the kitchen a few times and the faster we went the better. And of course I made the much needed sound affects. Every time I made car noises, he would echo me with a “vroom, vroom.” It was the cutest thing. He is so close to riding it all by himself. It won't be long now until he is wearing a path around the kitchen and running over everything in his sight. This probably includes everything from my feet to Murphy; Heaven help us!
Daddy doing the Daddy Thing
Notice his mouth . . . He's making "Vroom, Vroom" Noises
No comments:
Post a Comment