Friday, March 12, 2010

Holy Molars



Its official folks! We have molars. As much as I think he thought he wouldn't survive it, well let me say that I didn't think I would either. And, we are all affected. The mood in the house gets turned inside out and I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread when Owen is having his growing pains. Instead of snuggling up and wanting to be held like I wish he would, Owen chooses destruction instead. He begins by tearing the house down brick by brick and then proceeds to start working on me. And by the time it's all over with, he's usually in trouble, Wade has sore ears from all my complaining, and I find there are new gray hairs to replace what was once the perfect shade of blonde.


Usually after about 3 or 4 hard days of turmoil, the problem turns up with a new tooth or some other surprise. This is when I think parenting is really trying to see what I'm made of. The whole situation is misfortunate because I never know what the problem is and he can't tell me. So, it always looks like he's just being bad, I lose my patience, and then we are in a terrible shape.

Owen has eleven teeth now. All four up front, all four down front on the bottom, three big molars, and one more on its way through. With every tooth, we're holding on tight. We're barely halfway through till the end, and I still wonder if we'll make it there in one piece. Until then, I'm taking deep deep breaths and praying we all come out on the other side with a dashing new smile and forgiving and understanding hearts.

Learning patience,
Codye

No comments:

Post a Comment